That is, until I discovered the recipe for Pretty Darn Perfect Pot Roast.
- Meat - choose your favorite pot roast cut (2.5 pounds for 6 people)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 package of onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- veggies of choice (we usually do potatoes and carrots)
1. Mix soup, onion soup mix, water, wine and worcestershire sauce in the crockpot.
2. Add meat. Brush some of the soup mix up onto the meat.
3. Cook on high for 2.5 hours. Add veggies. Cook an additional 2 hours.
Note: If you want/need to cook on low increase cooking time to 6-8 hours. If you can, wait till the last 3-4 hours to add the veggies.