No clue, but that's okay because this recipe's so simple you don't need to know how to spell. (well, okay, you need to know how to read, but they're simple words...)
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice (we used the pulp-free kind)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (I'd like to try this with wheat flour next time)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a largish baking (8" square or whatever you've got that's similar), mix blueberries, 3 tbsp sugar and orange juice. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar. For the non-cooks, creaming just basically means mixing it well until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract, then gradually add the flour mixture, stirring until the ingredients are combined. Don't over-stir.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons over blueberry mixture. Try to cover as much of the blueberries as possible.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Eat warm with a scoop of ice cream!
Love that! And I bet you will too.....