Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Andy's Steak Tacos

You know those days when you wake up tired, drag into work and discover you've lost an important file, spend hours recreating the file, then come home to this...


ARGHGrrr! That's been my day.

So imagine how relieved I was to remember this super easy recipe: Andy's Steak Tacos.

Ingredients and Directions (see... so easy they're combined!)


1. One pound of flank or skirt steak. Cut into strips and marinade in fresh lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt & pepper, chopped fresh cilantro (just guesstimate quantities. We're having that kind of day.) Cook over medium-high heat.

2. Cut up vegetables (red peppers, onions, etc) and saute over medium heat.

3. Make Jalapeno Sour Cream Sauce by mixing low-fat sour cream with diced jalapeno peppers.

4. Warm up flour tortillas in microwave.

5. Assemble tacos (feel free to add guacamole, shredded cheese, lettuce, or whatever else you've got.)



Eat, smart "mindless TV" (Raising Hope & Traffic Light), then bed.

The day's finally looking up!

2 comments:

  1. Somehow Andy makes it seem WAAAAYYY more complicated than that.....kinda like the woman in the Rice Krispie's commercial making the squares reading her book then throws flour on her face before she bursts through the kitchen door to serve them to her waiting family.LOL But now you've got my mouth watering for them.....the tacos I mean! Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!! I love that commercial... and I love Andy ... and I love you... so I'll resist commenting further.

    ReplyDelete