Last night, we finally felt like cooking, but wanted to take it easy and Crockpot Potato Chowder was the ticket.
- 8 cups diced potatoes
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine potatoes, onion, broth, and cream of chicken soup in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours/high 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cream cheese and blend.
- Remove most of the potatoes and broth and puree in a blender, then return to pot and mix.
- Top with bacon and chives before serving.
(NOTE: we skipped the cream cheese. Just seemed too rich for our, um, delicate tummies this week)
Reviews: Everyone went back for seconds and Jason cried when he realized we forgot to put the leftovers in the fridge overnight.
(okay, that's an exaggeration... but he was pretty sad)