Well, after receiving lots of recipe suggestions, he's now Carl Jr.
Tonight, we tried Heather's suggestion (Thanks Heather!)
Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup
- 3 cups nonfat beef/veggies or chicken broth (we used 1/2 beef, 1/2 veggies ... just 'cause. It's what we had on hand.)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
1. Spray pot with non stick cooking spray saute onions carrots and garlic for 5 minutes.
2. Add broth, Tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, basil, oregano and Salt & Pepper to taste.
3. Simmer for a about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender then add the zuccini and simmer for another 5 or so minutes.
4. Customize at will. We doubled the broth, basil and cabbage (hey - it's so healthy and low-fat you'll want several bowls).
Chef Tanya -- I like it. Reminds me of my Dad, who's notorious for making what we call Dump Soup Basically, he cleans out the 'frig and freezer, dumps it in a bit pot, adds canned tomatoes and calls it soup. Growing up eating this as a kid it was often torture. But occasionally it was quite tasty. This soup is the tasty version!
Jason -- It could use a bit more flavor. Maybe red pepper, more garlic, fire-roasted tomatoes instead of just tomato paste.