But tonight we may have struck on something that even the pickiest kid will like....
These little babies are Bacon-Wrapped Artichoke Hearts, ready to pop in the oven. They're so simple!
- package of bacon
- container of artichoke hearts (use marinated in a jar or un-marinated in a can, whatever you prefer. Just be sure to retain some of the liquid)
- toothpicks (or something like 'em. we had wooden skewers handy)
1) cut the bacon in half (TIP: use scissors instead of a knife. It's much easier!)
2) Quarter the artichoke hearts and wrap each with 1/2 piece of bacon.
3) Line 'em up, sprinkle with the leftover artichoke juice ...
4) and bake 'em at 425 degrees for 12 - 14 minutes.
5) Serve with whatever non-bacony side items strike your fancy. For us, it's carrots, sliced red pepper, clementines, blueberries, crackers, and two cheeses (Cheddar Clothbound Cabot & "stinky cheese", a.k.a. Zamorano)
(and no, that entire plate isn't mine! Jason, Olivia and I split it. Miranda and Hannah are at the theatre most nights this month.)
Jason - I thought it was pretty good. Anything with bacon's good in my book. How about Bacon-Wrapped Bacon tomorrow night?! These would be a really simple appetizer for a party, especially if you have a large crowd.
Tanya - Agreed! Simple and tasty (you can even taste the artichoke - honest) and I actually like the sides too.
Olivia - (review phoned in from upstairs, where she's frantically reading for school) It was good. I really the bacon-wrapped artichokes. Do we have any more of those?!? (no) You should definitely write that they need to make lots more bacon-wrapped artichokes than they think they'll need. (done)