So, instead of Tacos, we offer today a recipe for one of our all-time favorites: Parmesan Pork with Herb Sauce from the Publix Simple Meals series.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, finely chopped - (we've used dried sage as well)
- 1 cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 egg whites (or 1/4 cup egg white substitute)
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 packet garlic/herb sauce mix (about 1 1/2 oz)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Zest/grate lemon peel (no white). Chop sage.
- Combine on plate, lemon peel, panko, Parmesan cheese, and salt. Combine in bowl the lemon juice and egg whites. Dip pork lightly into egg mixture; then press and turn in panko mixture to coat (wash hands).
- Bake 20–25 minutes or until 160°F (for medium). Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine milk, butter, and sauce mix; bring to a boil on medium, whisking to blend. Reduce to medium-low. Stir in sage; cook and stir continuously, 2–3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Slice pork and serve with sauce.
It's a hit in our house... hope you enjoy it too!
Photo Credit: J Clyde photo from al.com