Ooey Gooey Cheesy Chicken fits the bill.
- 2 cups Stove Top Stuffing
- approximately one pound of cooked chicken (leftover from Italian Wedding Soup)
- 4 tbsp flour (we used Wondra Quick-Mixing Flour)
- 2 cup cold milk
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cubes of chicken bouillon
- salt & pepper to taste
- approx. 1/2 cup shredded cheese (we used mozzarella, but cheddar is good too)
1. Prepare stuffing according to directions.
2. In saucepan, stir together flour, milk, butter, bouillon, and S&P. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for one minute or until thick like gravy.
3. Spread cooked stuffing in bottom of baking dish. Top with chicken gravy, then chicken, then cheese.
4. Bake, covered, at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
This recipe is very customizable and great for using up leftovers. "T&T"* substitutions include:
- Turkey for the chicken
- Cream of Mushroom/Chicken/Celery for the flour-based gravy
- Leftover veggies? Throw them in!
Enjoy the Ooey Gooey Cheesy Chicken!
* "T&T" = tried and true