- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup dried tomato halves (not oil packed), coarsely chopped (**we ignored this and used oil packed sun dried tomatoes since that's what we had)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fully cooked chicken sausage links, cut in half and then into large pieces (**we only had one apple chicken sausage link, so worked with that. Probably only 1/4 a pound, which ended up be waaaay too little!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 5-ounce bag baby spinach
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Shaved Parmesan to garnish
1. Prepare the lasagna noodles according to package directions, drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid, and set aside. (** we didn't reserve water since we used oily 'maters)
Put the chopped sundried tomatoes and the garlic into a bowl and add the reserved cooking liquid.
2. Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and then add the sausage. Cook the sausage, turning frequently, until heated through and then stir in the garlic mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the spinach and a few pinches of salt and pepper, stir to combine and then remove the pan form the heat.
4. Layer the lasagna noodles and the sausage mixture into a stack and then garnish with some shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.
DUH! Shoulda known one link of sausage wouldn't be enough for our carnivores! Still, Jason and I liked the meal.
The kids?!? Well, I'll let their plates speak for them.
Yeah. Not exactly fans.