But what I do know is that the Honey Spiced Bread she and Jason baked was too good to not share! So, here goes:
- One 1/4-ounce packet of active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 4-5 cups flour
1. In a small bowl, stir together yeast and warm water. Set for about 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, beat together egg, honey, spices and salt until smooth. Stir in the milk and melted butter.
3. Stir in the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing to form a soft, smooth dough. Do not add all of the flour if the dough gets too stiff. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
4. Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
(Love that Daddy & Daughter shot!)
5. Place the dough in a large, lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place...
until it doubles in size (about 1.5 hours)
6. Remove the dough again to a lightly floured work surface and punch down the dough and knead for an additional minute. Form the dough into a round and place on an oiled baking sheet and allow to rise another 30-45 minutes.
7. Shape dough into desired form. We love braids!
7. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place bread on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until bread is lightly browned and sounds hollow when you tap it.
8. Remove and cool somewhat before slicing (or risk burning your tongue, like we did!)
9. Take photo BEFORE you eat it!
(recipe from Whats4Eats.com)