This whole birthing a blog thing has been a lot more work than we anticipated, but boy has it been fun!
It's given us the chance to:
Try a bunch of new recipes (such as Almond and Lemon-Crusted Fish with Spinach and Mexican Chicken Soup with Ancho Chiles)
Meet some new people (shout out to FiveBearsABlogging, Hands Free Mama, and A Life Without Ice Cream, to name just a few.)
And spend a lot of time in the kitchen as a family cooking, eating, writing and strategizing SEO. Okay, the latter was mostly Mom and Dad.
Because most new parents are obsessed with numbers (baby's length, weight, number of hours slept, etc.) we thought we'd offer some stats of our own:
- So far we've had 2,833 pageviews. No clue whether that's good, bad or just plain average, but we're pretty pleased.
- Our visitors are mostly from the U.S., but we've got healthy readership in Canada, Russia and South Korea (of all places!) and occasional visits from folks in France, Australia, Germany, the U.K., Netherlands, New Zealand, Israel, India, Brazil and Poland. (Now if we could just get the South Pole on board we'd have all the continents covered!)
- The Top 5 Viewed Posts:
- Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Going to Hollywood
- Pork & Pineapple Tacos
- 10 States with the Deadliest Eating Habits (see #1)
- Throwing the Kids to the Wolves
- Posts with the Most Comments
We've also gotten a chance to share a little bit about our philosophy on food, consumerism, and protecting the environment.
Thanks for spending time with us. And if you haven't already, introduce yourself! We'd love to know who you are, what you like to do in the kitchen (keep it clean. Remember, it's a family food blog), and what issues are important to you.
(note: birthday cake photo credit goes to Will Clayton)