Afterall, more than 100 people have checked out the Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies we made yesterday. It's now the second most read post (behind Going to Hollywood). And hey, who can blame ya? The OreoChocoChips are pretty fantastic!
But we're one of those strange families that can get just as excited about a yummy veggie dish as a decadent dessert.
Not sure if that's Olivia's excited face or her psycho face, but the girl sure does love her avocados! Just check out this face.
And when Olivia gets a chance to choose the dinner menu, her go-to dish is Grilled Salmon with Avocado and Corn Salsa. (Note: the recipe is really called Grilled Salmon with Sweet Corn and Avocado Salad, but Olivia renamed it to highlight her favorite ingredient. I'm surprised she doesn't call it "Avocado with Some Fish and Other Stuff".)
- 4 salmon fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- olive oil (the recipe calls for canola cooking spray, but I've got some reservations about canola)
- dash of salt and pepper
- 4 ears of fresh corn, removed from cob (or, if you're cooking in the winter, just use frozen corn)
- 1/2 small ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped (or, if you're lazy like us, use a dash of refrigerated cilantro paste)
- 4 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
Combine corn, avocado, onion, tomato, cilantro, vinegars and olive oil in a bowl and gently toss together. Boom! Done with the Avocado and Corn Salsa!
Season the salmon and grill it. (Or, if it's 33 degrees outside like tonight, just cook it on the stove.)
Chef Olivia - It was fabulous! I love avocado and corn salsa! The salmon was cooked to
Tanya - Very yummy, indeed. I love salmon (at it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner when we took a cruise to Alaska years ago), but salsa is what sells me on this dish. I can't wait to have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Hannah - Fish is good. Don't like the vegetable stuff.
(Oh well, can't please everyone all the time.)