Olivia tied for 2nd on the beam, placed 3rd on the floor, 4th on vault and 6th on bars (danged bars!).
And that was just the morning. After the gym there was theatre rehearsal for Miranda and Hannah. And of course...
(minus Tebow, hence the crappy score)
So, it's 7 p.m., the troops are starved and we need a quick meal!
We scrambled through the pantry and fridge and came up with....
- 1 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz uncooked corkscrew pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- the dregs of the shredded parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to directions.
Chop chicken breasts, put in skillet with olive oil, sprinkle with spices and sautee.
Add onions and carrots...
Add peas (oooh, this is getting colorful!)
Add tomatoes (looking like a rainbow! Just the way we like it.)
Stir in cooked pasta, serve in bowls, topped with parmesan.
Everyone agrees: Yum!!
(and Double Yum!! Olivia and Hannah have brownies in the oven right now)