Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Do You Know Scary Mommy?

You should. Because she rocks!

The latest proof of her awesomeness? The Scary Mommy Manifesto, which includes these food-related gems:

• I shall not judge the mother in the grocery store who, upon entering, hits the candy aisle and doles out M&Ms to her screaming toddler. It is simply a survival mechanism.

• I shall not compete with the mother who effortlessly bakes from scratch, purees her own baby food, or fashions breathtaking costumes from tissue paper. Motherhood is not a competition. The only ones who lose are the ones who race the fastest.

• I shall not preach the benefits of breastfeeding or circumcision or home schooling or organic food or co-sleeping or crying it out to a fellow mother who has not asked my opinion. It’s none of my damn business.

(So, clearly I'll be thinking of Scary Mommy while I drive my kids through the Moe's drive-through tonight! Meal-plan be damned... Homemade veggie lasagna can wait for another night.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment