Friday, September 9, 2011

Oh Look -- It's a food blog post!!

What?? Did you think we haven't been eating?

No, seriously... we have, but it's not very interesting to write about, um, how to make fried eggs or whether Cheerios trump Raisin Bran as dinner fare (For the record, I'm in the RB camp. It's got a fruit, afterall).

About three weeks ago I started hosting Morning Edition for my station. Which means my life now looks like this:

3:30 alarm goes off
3:35 back-up alarm goes off

stumble around in the dark, hitting toes on furniture and tripping over shoes

3:50 leave for work

stop at 24-hour McDonald's for Large Mocha (yes... not healthy, giving $$ to a chain, etc. Blah, blah, blah - It's FOUR FREAKING A.M. in the morning!)

4:10 arrive at work

research, write, write some more, then write a little more

5:00 - 9:00 Host Morning Edition

9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Research, conduct interviews, write, edit reporters, mentor interns, build webpages, figure out freakin' awful video editing software, attend management meetings....

2:30 - 3:30 school carpool

contemplate taking a nap, but realize I have to...

3:30 - 6:00 shuttle to afterschool activities

6 - 7 p.m. figure out something to feed the family (mmmm, Raisin Bran....)

7 - 8 p.m. help with homework (Good thing I love algebra!)

8 PM COLLAPSE!!


Rinse, wash, repeat...

The upshot is I've got a great staff AND some great colleagues around the country who've worked this shift for a long time and are giving me plenty of good advice, most of which I haven't been able to take yet. Like eat healthy.

Yeah, so basically we've been eating pretty uninspired/unhealthy fare lately. We have had a couple good meals (Scallops with Creamy Bacon Corn Sauce stands out) and hopefully, sometime this weekend, I can actually write about them. Maybe that'll get me back on track.

Because seriously, I've missed you guys!


PHOTO CREDIT: alexkerhead

0 comments:

Post a Comment